Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Did I Cheat? Day 10

Woke up and jumped right on the scale.... -1! I don't understand how people can want to cheat while on this diet, yeah you don't get to eat cookie and pies but you are loosing at least a pound a day and the only work you have to do is cook! Now I have never cooked so much in my life so this is definitely a big change for me, but if I can make time to do it with my class schedule and my crazy switching of nights and days so can
anyone. 
                                          I am running out of counter space!
                                            Other side.. got to have the mock George Forman
The empty spot in the fridge is for strawberries... I need to buy more, I feel like I am constantly at the grocery store! As you can see by my counter tops I try to have everything on hand that I could possibly need. I find that if I can pick a recipe and already have everything I need to make it I can try different things frequently and not have to spend extra time planning out meals.

Now today was a little different because I had to have a scope of my upper stomach and esophagus preformed- This means no eating for 12 hours before the procedure and no liquids for 6. I ate a late dinner and had dessert around 9:30. My procedure was scheduled for 2:30pm, now I wasnt going to get up at 2:30am and eat and then go back to bed . I did however have a melba toast right before going to bed- it was an extra one I will admit it but it seemed better than going 17 hours without food. I continued the drops and did not feel hungry until 3:00pm rolled around and they had still not started the procedure yet. I was finally done and awake by 4.. starving and lightheaded. They offered me graham crackers and juice, I politely declined the graham crackers but had one cup of apple juice. It was so sweet I knew it was full of sugar and calories. Later I looked it up and one cup of apple juice is 117 calories. I cant really feel guilty about it because I had gone way to long without food. When I got home I had a bowl of chicken meatball soup that I had made before the procedure. I was starving so I also had a previously made cinnamon baked apple. For dinner I wasn't really hungry since I had just eaten a couple of hours ago  but I felt like i needed the nutrients. I had a lightly grilled crab over spinach with some liquid aminos as dressing. I skipped my fruit in light of the apple juice.. we shall see what tomorrow holds!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there G! Congratulations on your losses. You are doing good considering you are doing the plan a little more liberally that Dr. Simeons. I'm just so left-brained and anal, that I follow his plan to a T. There are a lot of clinics out there taking liberties with his guidelines, and people still lose, but maybe not as much or as fast. If you find that you want to boost your weight loss, get a copy of "Pounds and Inches" and really study it. There is a link on my blog. It is the diet in its purest form. I had to laugh when you said you were cooking so much. I STOPPED cooking when on the diet. I just didn't think a couple of tablespoons of meat were worth messing around with. As you saw in my meal preparation suggestions, I ate very plainly, and pretty much the same thing over and over. That would drive a lot of people crazy, but for me it was easier because I cooked it and bagged it all up on the weekend and then didn't have to think about cooking or spend time in the kitchen at all during the week! I just tell myself that for the next 3 weeks I will eat to live, not live to eat. You sound like you like a lot of variety in your meals. A lot of people are like that. Like I said, its not for every personality, but it suited me perfectly! Hang in there and you will see great results. Good luck G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I have read and am following Dr. Simeons protocol the only exceptions I have made is the wondercocoa, I learned about that in my HCG cook book, and wearing my foundation-I am young and vain what can I say! Oh and I am using the homeopathic drops and they seem to be working out great.

    ReplyDelete