Thursday, January 26, 2012

VLCD 4 slip ups and challenges

-1.0! I am surprised and happy... I made a rookie mistake and tried a rouge item yesterday. I was running supper late when I left for campus in the morning so I ran out the door with only my grapefruit on board from earlier in the morning, no biggy I figured I would meet a classmate to work on a project then swing by my house for lunch before heading to the other campus that is 45minutes away.. well it started snowing so I had to get straight on the road. I was in a panic about that I was going to eat, I was starting to feel starving and knew I couldn't make it through my lab and another 45minute drive. When I got to school I realized there was a grocery store across the street- sweet salvation! I remembered my friend told me she does Purdue pre-cooked chicken strips so I bought those and some cherry tomatoes.

For dinner I decided to try some new recipes out of my HCG cook book, my first round I made a lot of recipes and didn't find the diet all that difficult- I also had a lot more weight to lose so the motivation was greater, my third attempt at a round I was to busy so all I ate was dry chicken and steamed veggies, not very good or enough to keep me going. This round I want to change it up and keep the food more fresh so I stay more interested and satisfied. I was supper proud of myself I tried buffalo chicken strips, made enough for dinner and an extra portion, chicken cabbage soup for another day, and 2 servings of tomato basil soup. Well what I thought was 2 serving of tomato soup! The soup was delicious and supper satisfying, as I was eating it I was thinking the quantity was huge but It wasn't until I consulted the cookbook to finish the cabbage soup that I realized it actually made 2 servings. Uhh rookie mistake! It turned out ok so I guess it isn't the end of the world... and I like knowing the Perdue chicken is an acceptable last minute meal option!

No comments:

Post a Comment