Friday, May 6, 2011

Finals stress

Yesterday I gained +0.4 I added a whole avocado to a salad and also made a Thai coconut curry with Thai kitchen curry paste, coconut milk, cream, chicken, and broccoli. I wasn't really sure if the gain was normal fluctuation or due to something I ate. I was surprised in my self it was pretty good!

I entered finals stress mode and lost some control yesterday.. All p3 eating though! I had lunch with friends at a coffee shop where I had a sun drenched veggie crepe with feta and a vanilla mint tea with creme. It was really good and I wish I would have eaten cleanly the rest of the day so I could know whether this is something i can have again or not. I had string cheese as a snack. I was procrastinating from studying so I made coconut cupcakes with chocolate "frosting."I will definitely need to work on that recipe- the original recipe uses agave so i had a hard time figuring out ho much Stevia that is.  I had about one and a half of the cupcakes.. they were really heavy. I was soo excited to make the coconut cupcakes but I guess I was thinking they would be like and fluffy like real cupcakes.. oh well I guess you have to make some sacrifices for beauty. I also made some cauliflower puree to finish up my thai curry- amazing! I over pureed it so it was more a mashed potato consistency but I was perfectly ok with that.

I had my very last final at 8am and I needed to do very well on it so all nighter it was! I am not a huge soda drinker but I had previously bought some Zevia so I decided to try the Dr. Pepper flavored on to help keep me up. I was ok not a bad substitute but I could be ok without it. All of this plus 1.5 hours of sleep and not enough water got me a +1.4 gain.. +0.8 over LDW. This is the first time I am over LDW and I am not happy about it! I know string cheese and the Zevia have been known to cause gains so I am not sure what the culprit is.. Hopefully a day of mostly clean eating will fix this. Sorry to taunt all you P2's you will get to P3 soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am not on phase 3 of course, but I think that stress could have something to do with it, If it were me I would eat clean today and then maybe introduce one new thing everyday, that way you don't have 4 new things and don't know if they are the cause... I am proud to say that reading you post didn't make me crave anything!!! I think I am on the right track folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha if you read my next post clean eating is not what happened! lol.

    ReplyDelete