Monday, May 9, 2011

I was so thrilled Friday night! I went shopping with friends and returned my size 10 capri's for a size 8 at American eagle! Then we went to dinner at Applebees...  I was thinking ok salad it is.. but they had skinny mojitos- my drink of choice, with sugar free syrup! For dinner I got a steak and shrimp with steamed veggies from there 500 calorie menu.. I am sure the steak was marinated in something bad for me since I was up +0.5 the next day but it was so nice to eat pretty much guilt free! I have mostly heard that if the gain is less then a pound it is more fluctuation rather then a sensitivity to something but I am not sure.


So I lived up to my blog name of being a college girl Saturday night! I brought vodka and sprite zero to a friends party but it has been so long since I have really drank, so after one drink in I was drinking whatever my bartender friend started handing me. Including drinks made with cheer wine (a really sweet syrup filled soda). By the end of the night I found myself eating chicken nuggets from McDonalds!  +0.6 the next day. Sunday I did a mostly high protein day: 4 turkey sausage links for breakfast, large latte with sugar free syrup, big salad for lunch with a grilled chicken breast, 3 hard boiled egg whites, and a sugar free black olive feta dressing. I had some black berries at work as well, didn't think about it at the time, but I probably should have skipped those. Dinner was egg whites with spinach and garlic cooked with one tbs butter. This morning weighed in at another +0.4 pounds. Did I do high protein right? I am only 0.6 away from having to do a correction This P3 thing is stressful! 

6 comments:

  1. I retain water when I drink - and eating out is loaded with salt. Maybe it's water? I'm on P2 and missing restaurants - and big salads...and cheese ...and bread ...anything fried ...chocolate ...nachos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am gonna be bad cop... since Chellie has good cop covered on this one... if you were a friend this is what I would say to you... as a fellow hcger... This is a choice... I can only imagine that you feel like a kid in a candy store because you are able to eat more things than before, but if you don't make good choices you won't have good results like you were having before... I have no clue what it is like cause I am not there yet but I Hope someone would check me and say... You did so GREAT... keep it up don't let your guard down if you want to eat something you think isn't great, have just a lil and then the next day tell yourself that you had a treat yesterday and today you are gonna eat clean... to make up for it...because you love those size 8 capris... I may be way over stepping the line with you and if so PLEASE don't get hurt or upset just tell me to butt out! But I think you can do this... and when I get onto Phase 3 I may need you to tell me some very similar things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindarella- I know it sounds like I was a little out of control but I have been working overnight weekends for the last 2 years so this was first time I could actually go out on a weekend and not have to leave the party.. yeah I know excuses excuses! And hey I said no to french fries.. I actually am not a big fast food eater but I do LOVE McDonalds fries! So I had my bad drink and chicken nuggets and then did clean eating high protein the next day. I appreciate the motivation and kick in the pants but I haven't fallen off the wagon just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well in that case I will Say GOOD JOB not eating french Fries!!! I had to face them this weekend as well... I about killed me! lol... damn mc donalds and there yummy yummy french fries

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a really hard road when you are suddenly "allowed" all these things to eat and so easy to make bad choices! We all do it and we all gain. My secret has been that when I do have a day where I know I did not do well, I eat P2 the next day but with more calories - ie I eat exactly the foods that we are allowed on P2 but eat around the 1000-1200 calorie mark. For me last R3 it worked great, and so far this R2 it seems to be working as well. Might be worth a try? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a great idea, I may give that a try if the scale doesn't cooperate tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete