Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Last day of VLCD! P2 reffecltions

I am surprised this day is here! My last day of the 500 calorie diet- half of me is doing the happy dance, the other half is cowering in the corner!! Most people would think after 35 days of eating only 500 calories a day I would be jumping over the moon to be able to add more foods to my diet, but it is actually a little scary. There is a comfort and simplicity in knowing two fruits, two vegetables, 2 100g portions of a meat, and sometimes a bread stick or melba toast.


When I was a freshman in college I weighed around 145-150 and was a size 4-6. I have always had really healthy eating habits and had been moderately active. My second semester of sophomore year I transfered colleges and was living in an apartment by myself. I was dating someone that had horrible eating habits and they begin to infiltrate mine, combine that with working overnights where pizza and Chinese food were hospital staples and before I knew it I found myself at 182 in Dec of 2007. I have been around this weight for the last 3 years. In December I went home to Florida to see my family for Christmas then we went to the Philippines for 2 weeks. It was an amazing trip but after spending 2 weeks in a county full of tiny Asians and looking at the pictures where I felt like a blimp, it became clear that I was no longer happy and needed to make some changes. In January my heaviest weigh in was 189.2 I was already eating pretty healthy so I tightened that up even more and added more exercise, in march I was down to 178.2 but wasn't having luck at getting the scale to budge any further. 


Enter HCG!! I started hHCG on 3/21 at 181.4 the summary of my first round looks like this so far: 
Week 1:-5.2lbs
Week 2:-5.8lbs
Week 3:+0.8
Week 4:-5.2
Week 5:-2.6

Measurements from 4/3 VLCD 12 to 4/25 VLCD 33
Bust: -2 inches
Chest-2.2 inches
Waist: -2 inches, 
Hips: -1.5 inches 
Thighs: -1.4inches
Arms: -1 inch. 
I really wish I would have taken measurements when I started!!
18 pounds from HCG! over 36 days for an average loss of 0.5 pounds a day. I would have liked to do a little better but even with the cheats I am still right on target with the expected 0.5 t0 1 pound loss a day. 25.8 total loss since January!! What an experience.
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on making it to P3! I totally understand your trepidation about eating regular foods again. I was the same way. One of the biggest mistakes people make in P3 is not taking in enough calories, and that sets their metabolism so low that they have to keep that up or else they will gain. You need to re-set at the correct calorie intake for your height and weight. It's kind of a leap of faith to eat again, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete