Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yawn

So for the newbies I should probably explain a little about my weekend schedule. Monday through Friday I am your average fun outgoing stressed out college student, but on Friday at midnight I transform into a critical care technician for the veterinary teaching hospital. Unfortunately no pumpkins or fairly godmother are involved just some scrubs, sleep deprivation, and whiny vet. students. So due to the complete 180 weekly schedule flip I have to do some creative timing with my eating. My schedule normally goes something like: wake up Friday morning eat lunch, bring apple to eat while at school, be in class until 4:30 go home and A). drug myself with half an Ambien to sleep for about 4 hours then wake up make dinner and go to work. B). Do homework, run errands, do something with a friends realize I am to wired to sleep and its to late do anything about it.. make dinner go to work, crash because I have been up for 24hrs. Now B was my normal behavior but I have been trying to go for option A more recently-not really crazy about the Ambien but I think thats less destructive on my body then staying up for 24+ hours. Midnight now becomes the new day so I bring my meat and veggie and eat that around 4 or 5am and then have my fruit for "breakfast" around 9am. Come home, pass out wake up, make dinner, and do it all over again! Sunday is more fun because it involves staying up as long as possible, taking a 2 hour nap, getting up and finding something to something to do to keep me awake till I can go back to sleep around 10pm and be on a normal schedule again for the rest of the week. So there is a little explanation if you feel days jumble together on here!

So back to Thursday, went shopping! Got a fabulous dress for my dinner banquet, A top that can be dressed up for a nice function or worn with jeans for a night out, a cute pair of flats, and new make up that isn't as heavy. On the makeup issue-I am aware that you are not supposed to wear any.. but I am young, single and possibly vein! I have been wearing Estee Lauder double wear foundation and it does not seem to have any affect on my weight loss so I am sticking with it! I recently switched to double wear light since my skin is much clearer and I no longer need the heavier foundation. I did not tackle jeans yet, after 2 hours of shopping I don't think my friend was up for that painstaking task. Another day in the near future!

Lunch red grapefruit, ground round turned into meat balls- I was short on time, needed to finish the beef and still had marinara sauce in my fridge. Dinner: chicken that I previously used to make chicken broth with grilled quickly to give it a crisp with grilled asparagus and an apple. I used just a little balsamic vinegar on the chicken to give it a hint of flavor- not really sure if this is on protocol or not.

Friday -0.4 small loss but still a loss! I feel like this may be do to the beef- I had a little more than 100 grams because it was getting ready to go bad and what was left wouldn't make up a complete serving, the poor college student cant afford to waste food! Apple on the way to class, stats lab was canceled so I ran errands-went to get more shrimp but the butcher I go to was out.. sad day! Bought some fresh green beans that I was really excited to make- needed a break from cabbage and asparagus! Lunch was grilled chicken with a touch of balsamic vinegar and the green beans sauteed with fresh garlic and a touch of the Braggs liquid Amino's-now I know I said I was dropping it but I couldn't resist it was so delicious with the green beans! I was running late for work so I topped some of the pre-made chicken with some marinara sauce and then ate and apple on the drive to work. I didnt think about the 2 apples in one day until now.. woops! Some people feel this is a no no. We shall see what happens!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks a ton for you comments on the HCG diet. At first I thought you were someone against it, trying to tell me "OMG IT'S HORRIBLE FOR YOU" lol! Then I realized you were on it too and you were just giving me the details, etc. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Congrats on starting your Journey! Let me know if you can have any questions. I am very honest when offering advice so I just wanted to point out that people sometimes see it as "Oh this is the miracle drug, I take it and lose a pound a day!" But if you are not following the diet to T or you cheat- which is really easy to do with peer pressure- you will struggle. But there is a great support group out there so happy losing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are busy!!! Congrats on your shopping trip! I don't think that 2 apples a day is a no-no.. ?? I don't eat grapefruit, so this leaves me to alternate between apples/oranges/strawberries. I often do apples 2x day.

    ReplyDelete